View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post

Regarding wiki, in my opinion that's not practical either. The target audience is calibre users who want examples of how someone does specific things. Not the general public who might stumble across a wiki article. I suppose I could link from a small post in calibre forum to one or more wiki articles. But this would move the content away from its calibre-user audience. I think the number of views/hits would decrease significantly.
You may perhaps misunderstand. We're talking about the MobileRead Wiki - the thing you get to when you click the "Wiki" link at the top of the screen - not Wikipedia. The Wiki is a much better place to put "reference" type information than a forum post.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote