Thread: Glo Kobo Glo, case issues
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #12
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
Where should the magnet be positioned in a case for the Kobo Glo to trigger the Glo light going off when the case is closed? How strong a magnet is needed? My quickie tests with the fridge magnets I had handy did nothing. (Yes, I have the settings feature selected that allows for cases to toggle the light on and of.) Thanks!
The area just beneath the bottom-right corner of the screen works dandy for the trigger. Not sure how strong a magnet's needed without getting too strong, though - all I can tell you is that it's a rare earth magnet.

Update: I just used a regular fridge magnet from The Source at the bottom right corner of the screen to trigger on/off - as long as the magnet's left on there, it stays off. But the neodymium rare-earth magnet turned it off from about 4-5 cm above that area, so it's a decently sensitive.

Last edited by Haesslich; 10-13-2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Edited w/update
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote