View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #18
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarisea View Post
Wow. So does that mean that the next update of calibre will fix this column for me?
Yes.
Quote:
Thank you so much Chaley. Obviously you are part of the calibre team, so I want to tell you how much I love Calibre and all of its plug ins. It, as much as the books it keeps organized for me, has become almost a hobby.
You are very welcome.
Quote:
Hey since I seem to be shoot for the moon here (I was happy several posts back when I managed to get a ! in the column), I would love a new Column Type call it Symbols. You could put a $ (for a book to buy), a little calendar page (that could be used for books coming soon), a fancy N (for new books that haven't had metadata update yet), of course my ! and the check mark and x. People could use them for what ever they wanted. I'm sure others would have a few ideas for symbols. It is something very visual for people like me.
You can do something close to this already. Most of the fonts used by calibre support the symbol glyphs. If you use windows, take a look at start menu -> programs -> accessories -> system tools -> character map. You can pick a character that visually "does it" for you, copy it, then paste it into the custom column definition where you put the exclamation point. Put in as many different symbols as you wish, separated by commas (which of course means that you can't use a comma as a symbol). On the Mac (apparently) you can use something called "Character Palette".
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote