View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #232
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quick question, because I am really somewhat new to Jailbreaking if it comes down to it: I am currently still running the 5.2.0 version of the Paperwhite operating system -- if I jailbreak it (which is essentially just adding a developer key to the keystore?) and then update to 5.3.0 the jailbreak will be essentially gone. That's what the "bridge" is for -- could you elaborate on how that works and if I can completely revert any changes made to the Kindle?

I am a bit scared of jailbreaking my device and then suddenly receiving an update which leaves my Kindle in a half-broken/half-working state because I messed with some system files. Basically I want to know: What do I do after jailbreaking my 5.2.0 Kindle Paperwhite? Can I create a full backup of some kind and later revert to it? After installing the Jailbreak "bridge" and updating to 5.3.0 will I still be able to remove the Jailbreak/installed hacks if I choose to do so?
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote