View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #15
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
I was put off gimmick cozies for a while after reading 5 randomly-selected series books in a row by the same author who used the exact same "crazy person is CRAAAZY!!!!!" no-further-explanation-needed motivation for the whodunnit in all of them.
Ugh, that's just as bad as the goddidit plot resolution. I love mysteries, so I've read my share of terrible cozies. Thankfully my first exposure was Miss Marple, if I'd started with some of the junk around now, I'd have been put off those too.

All this branding of subgenres is informative for readers, but perhaps it's not working quite the way publishers want. I'm not going to stop reading all 'novels' because I read one bad novel, but I'm likely to give 'military space operas' a pass forever if I read a horrible doorstop in that subgenre.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote