View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 12:15 PM   #57
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Yes, I know I'm being a bit of a loudmouth about the bugs and idiosyncrasies of the Fire. But the way I see it this isn't an Android device, this is a Kindle, and as such it should behave to the standards of Amazon. I don't find that it does - at least not yet. I'm not comparing it to the iPad or any other device specifically, but to a long history of devices that I've had that I've loved right out of the box, starting with the Palm III. I hold Amazon to that standard because they have done so well with Kindles in the past, and this bears the mark of the Kindle.

I might send it back, and I might get a different Android device. I'm forcing myself to use only the Fire around the house to see if I can acclimate (as you seem to have) to the new system and if I can live with it until things improve.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote