Thread: Sony or Nook?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
as much as I love the hardware of the Sony's, I have a tough time recommending them. Not much in the way of value.

I think with the nook you just get more bang for your buck.

1. wifi is $149 and and the wifi with 3G is $199 that's a $150 and $100 difference right off the bat

2. nooks, like you mentioned have the tie in with Barnes and Nobles store, More InStore, Lend Me, Coupons, Free Friday's, Read any book inStore, Starbuck's Cafe freebies. It makes it more than just an electronic devce, IMO, it's makes it more fun.

3. Barnes and Noble's bookstore platform is head and shoulders above Sony's bookstore platform. IMHO

The 950 is a nice device, but it's not $150 and $100 better.

I don't understand Sony's pricing scheme

but at the end of the day you'll be happy with either one.

Last edited by boswd; 02-22-2011 at 02:37 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote