View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #24131
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I like the hall entrance. It will make the living area much more pleasant. You have lost your utility room, but perhaps with the smaller floor space from having a front yard this is unavoidable.

I would swap the kitchen and dining areas. That would give you the ability to change the space allocated to 'dining room' and 'living room' as you wish.

I think playing around with lots of designs is an excellent idea at this stage.
We could have a small utility room underneath the staircase. We're planning on having at least one, either downstairs or on the first floor.

I've been thinking about swapping the kitchen and dining area. With the kitchen where it is now, it's a lot easier to socialize with the rest of the family or guests, whether they are in the dining area or the sitting area. But you're right of course, it makes more sense to swap them.

I think we're a little too friendly when we go see our architect. We have to be a little more assertive about what we do and don't like. Let them draw an entirely new plan if necessary. We really want to get it 100% right before we give them permission to the municipality for a building permit. I have a feeling that they are trying to rush things a bit ...
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote