View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #27
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Reading the posts that go with these surveys, my guess is that whichever option you pick you are probably going to offend somewhere around 25% of readers, delight around 25% and make little difference to the other 50%. (Although obviously our statistical sample is too small for those figures to be anywhere near accurate.)
I suspect it's closer to 10/10/80% split. Or maybe 5/5/90%. These discussions only bring in the people who are actually interested in the subject.

This topic shows up every few months, and the results are always the same: some people adamantly prefer one, about an equal number adamantly prefer the other, and the majority shrug and say "whatever." I think it's good to keep checking; if ebook technology changes, we may see a noticeable shift in preferences. But for now, what I get from the surveys is "just go with whatever you like; it's not going to make a noticeable difference in public reaction or sales."
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote