Thread: Touch Book Collector
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 03:45 AM   #8
dizzy274
dizzy274 reads XML... blindfoldeddizzy274 reads XML... blindfoldeddizzy274 reads XML... blindfoldeddizzy274 reads XML... blindfoldeddizzy274 reads XML... blindfoldeddizzy274 reads XML... blindfoldeddizzy274 reads XML... blindfoldeddizzy274 reads XML... blindfoldeddizzy274 reads XML... blindfoldeddizzy274 reads XML... blindfoldeddizzy274 reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Nexus 7
Hi,

I've been using Book Collector to manage my paper books for years and it is an excellent product. When my wife got a Nexus for Christmas I had a good look at Book Collector's facilities for managing ebooks. Unfortunately it wasn't capable of managing ebooks in the way Calibre / Calibre Companion can, so I'm managing my ebooks with Calibre.

Having said that a new version of Book Collector was released yesterday and I haven't had a chance to evaluate any possible improvements that may have been introduced.

I wouldn't dream of using Calibre to manage my paper books and hope that BC will be capable in the future of doing what I need.

However that's from the perspective of someone who's collected books for years and uses a product that does exactly what I want it to do. I'd much rather have all (e)books managed by one product and whilst I can see BC becoming capable of managing ebooks, I can't see Calibre ever having the desire to manage paper.

Once I've had a look at the updated BC I'll post a follow up, if you like.
dizzy274 is offline   Reply With Quote