View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 06:24 AM   #2
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvdbogaard View Post
Just received my M92 and trying to understand. The firmware is listed as version 1.7 20120406.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on the above issue.
I don't think this is "an issue". I don't have any mobi files to check, but the likely explanation of the different way different file types are handled is that boox uses more than one (third-party) file reader, which have different features for different file types. I don't know which reader does mobi files, but apparenty it is incapable of doing annotations, while others can do that - the latest firmware (from what I know) allows for annotations in both pdfs and epubs. Also, bear in mind that ebook files have their limitations - pdf files simply cannot be modified for display the way mobis or epubs can.

So unless Onyx (or the community) further develops the software, you'll have to live with this. One workaround is to use software such as Calibre to convert mobis/epubs/pdfs to your file format of choice (probably epub). You can also experiment with default file reader settings (settings menu) to see if file handling can be made more consistent.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote