View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 05:14 AM   #80
rpmazur
Connoisseur
rpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheese

Device: Calibre (for MAC), MoonReader (Android)
Pocketbook Woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleykenb View Post
That said... maybe RangRang has a pet cat and she sat on the device and RangRang never noticed. I wouldn't be suprised that most of the cases where people find their eReader suddenly unresponsive with a broken screen are indeed caused by Pets simply sitting down on these devices. They tend to be slightly warm when put aside right after use. Just the type of things cats love to sit on.
somewhat -->

Or bat around. Back "in the day" when 250GB external hard drives were the craze, I had one on a coffee table backing up the data on my laptop before a re-image. Stinkin cat jumped up on the table and knock the HD off. Thing fell 2 maybe 3 feet onto a thick carpet. Yup, you guessed, the hard drive was making clicking noises....trashed the HD completely.

And to re-iterate what's been said about displays....they usually aren't covered under the standard manufacturer warranty because it's "assumed" that it's user abuse.
rpmazur is offline   Reply With Quote