View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #3
ANico
ANico began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 903
Thanks for the quick response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by review View Post
I presume you don't mean bluetooth but wlan file transfers.
That's right.

Quote:
there was a similar request in the German forum and so I wrote a program to do this. This app is called webdown in this thread, for example post #35.
Great, will have a look (don't have my PocketBook handy right now).

Quote:
I personally transfer all files wirelessly to my pocketbook. I don't use webdown but I use the remote shell program I wrote because most of the time it is just one or two files to transfer and not a whole lot of them.
That sounds intriguing - shell access was what I was hoping for (though I was imagining I might just ssh into the device), so I'll definitely give that a try!

Quote:
Which operating system do you use? If you use linux there is a simple command to access the current folder over http using python (make also sure iptables is allowing incoming connections).
Code:
python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8000
Then I log in to the pocketbook, change into the desired folder and just type at the prompt:
Code:
wget http://192.168.0.100:8000/myfile.epub
Another way would be to point the browser directly to the correct url instead of using the remote shell access.
Excellent - being an Ubuntu user, this would probably be the easiest way for me.

Quote:
Maybe if you could post some more details, like how many files you want to transfer at a time, which operating system you use and how frequently you expect you would use the program I might be able to write a program which suits your needs.
Thanks for the offer, but I think the above gives me plenty to go on for now. I can't anticipate my own usage patterns yet, so will report back once I've tried some of the options for a while.
ANico is offline   Reply With Quote