View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
When I try to de-DRM a .prc file, I'm getting that error upon running MobiDeDRM. I 'think' this means it hasn't been encrypted - am I correct?
Yes. Just rename it from .azw to .mobi or .prc and any MOBI Reader will display it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
(I'm asking because I just used iPhone Backup Extractor to remove a Kindle .azw ebook from my iPhone and the Kindle ebook *should* have been DRM-laden as it was purchased, by me, through Amazon.)
Almost all AZW ebooks originally submitted through Amazon's DTP are DRM-free. All the AZWs originally submitted through mobipocket.com have DRM. Another rule of thumb is that major publishers use DRM, independent authors submitting their own stuff generally don't.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote