View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #54
Grace Elliot
Groupie
Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I'm getting a vibe from this thread -similar to what happens when you start discussing Richard III...
People have such set opinions on Austen and Richard - and yet it has started a conversation that might not have been held in the first place. So what if there is a modern adaptation? Readers might think - 'I'd like to read the original' and those who would never have picked Austen up before might give it her a try.
I became a history addict through a similar route- I HATED history at school, but as an adult read a Margaret George historical fiction book that made me wonder if actual history could be as exciting...from there I went to the library (yes, it was a long time ago) and started reading about the Tudors - and was hooked forever after.
Grace Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote