View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
When I was a boy I loved all his books. The most treasured was this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Search_of_the_Castaways
This one is not about predicting the future and contains very few science fiction elements, but it is absolutely great adventure story.
I suspect that many people don't realise that the majority of Verne's books were in fact "travel adventures" and not SF at all. I share your love of "In Search of the Castaways". I posted a version of it here to MR not too long ago.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote