View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 05:25 AM   #97
scgf
Connoisseur
scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scgf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Amazon PW 3 iPad Pro, iPhone 12 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Rumor has it (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51030), there might be a Kindle in UK before Xmas....
Probably another unit, having WLAN. Might be worth waiting...

Question is, why you're interested in Kindle.
Is it the unit itself or the Amazon bookstore?
I might wait to see what happens with Amazon and the UK Kindle.

The reason I am interested in a Kindle is that I feel Amazon can supply the content and at a reasonable price. I also have an iPhone and an iPod Touch and love the way I would be able to continue reading on whichever device I choose. The downside is that I am concerned about being locked into the Amazon DRM system which gives them enormous power. I did have a Sony 505 but returned it because the display was terrible in full sunlight. I got quite adept at converting to and from different formats because I could only find the books I wanted in certain stores which used specific forms of DRM.

Should the need arise in the future, I assume it would be possible to convert Amazon ebooks into another format?
scgf is offline   Reply With Quote