View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer Zenz View Post
I've embedded a font (UniFrakturCook) in two ebooks with Jutoh.

Everything is fine, exept on the Kobo. Some letters, the large S and the small g are looking very strange or are invisible.

Several people have tested these books. No problem on other devices, but always on Kobos. Similar problems were reported for other embedded fonts. With the same letters S and g! And some others.

The font works well with other readers and with other software.

Must be a really strange bug in the Kobo firmware.
I took a quick look at the book and the copy of the Fraktur font in it was rather different from the one I had picked up a while back. Was it from the UniFraktur source forge project by any chance? It appears to be a version that was originally book weight that had been modified to bold weight. I tried replacing it with UniFrakturCook-Bold.ttf renamed to UniFrakturCook.ttf to save having to make other changes and the text in the book appeared to show correctly on my Glo. I've attached the modified book to this message. You can use 7-Zip or other tool to extract the font from it or locate it on the web as you choose.

As ShellShock mentioned, there have been reports of embedded and copied to the device fonts that had been modified causing some odd display issues.

Regards,
David
Attached Files
File Type: epub Klabund-Romane der Leidenschaft_mod.epub (1.56 MB, 126 views)

Last edited by DNSB; 03-22-2013 at 05:37 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote