View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #400
Barb-B
Tech appreciator
Barb-B began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Kepler Pro (wow I love this reader!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
This plugin is calling standard calibre code for this feature. So I would expect you to get exactly the same result if you were to use the Save to Disk feature of calibre, where it applies the same updating of metadata.

Try that save to disk and see if you get the result I predicted. Also make sure you are only checking the Update metadata option, in case in fact it is some other option that is somehow disrupting the data.
KiwiDude - given your result with checking only "Update metadata", I'm guessing the problem may be related to a combination of selected options, and the sequence in which they occur. Here are all the other standard options I routinely use:

Remove calibre bookmark files
Remove unused image files
Remove Adobe .xpgt files and links
Remove Adobe resource DRM meta tags
Encode HTML in UTF-8
Remove all metadata jackets
Remove legacy metadata jackets
Remove broken image pages
Remove non dc: metadata elements

After running these others, and using the Calibre Save to Disk feature, the saved files don't exhibit any trouble with their opf's.

Since I care less about the "Update metadata" option than any of the others, I'd just as soon let it go, and get the other results that matter to me.

Hope that's helpful if you want to continue pursuing this issue. I'm perfectly happy to continue working around it. Either way, it's still a fantastic tool, and much appreciated!
Barb-B is offline   Reply With Quote