View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 01:46 PM   #9
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Fair enough. But with glossy screens you tend to see the glare at the off angles, but don't notice them when looking directly at as you would if reading.

That's because the light from the device isn't going directly into your eyes like it is when looking at it directly when reading etc. But of course one would have to try out the iPad themselves and see if glare etc. bothered them.

But I'd expect glare would be much less of an issue with an LCD screen than the e-ink touch screens which don't emit light to counteract the glare.

But in any case, it's again just a too each their own thing. I rarely read for more than an hour, so eye strain is just moot for me. I can read on pretty much anything. So I have a lot of interest in stuff like the iPad since reading isn't a big hobby. I got a kindle just to try and read more since I don't have to donate/recycle paperbacks after reading them anymore.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote