View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 07:28 PM   #20107
LovesMacs
Fanatic
LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
I'm primarily reading three things right now:

À l'ombre des jeunes filles en fleurs (traditionally if inaccurately translated into English as "Within a Budding Grove") by Marcel Proust. This is the second volume of "la Recherche".

The Swamp: The Everglades, Florida, and the Politics of Paradise by Michael Grunwald. This is both a history of the land of southern Florida itself, and a history of how people through the years have tried to shape the land to their will. The book's more entertaining than I expected.

The American Heritage History of World War II by C.L. Sulzberger and Stephen Ambrose. I dip into this from time to time. From the 37% I've read, the book does a decent job trying to cover events in both Asia and Europe.

I plan to begin reading something about World War I soon.
LovesMacs is offline   Reply With Quote