View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #28
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I have a Fire HD 8.9 and a Nexus 7. The Nexus is my primary tablet and the one I use most often. But; when I want to watch videos and read magazines, the Fire HD is my go to tablet. The larger and sharper display has a distinct advantage.

However, the Fire HD has two problems that are easily fixed. The first one is that stupid carousel. It annoys me to no end! So to solve that problem, I downloaded ADW Launcher and now have a very familiar Android desktop where I can organize my apps in folders.

The second problem concerns the apps Amazon won't allow from competing content providers - YouTube, Zinio, Nook, Kobo, Google Maps, etc. This is also an easy fix. Just install 1Mobile Market and those apps become readily available.

With these two easy fixes, the Fire HD gets greater functionality without having to root it. All in all, I'm very pleased with it. It's a premium tablet with budget pricing. Can't beat that combo. Oh, and the apps I use most on it are - Netflix, Zinio, Pulse, and YouTube.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote