View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #26
iReaderReview
Banned
iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.

Device: kindle 2
Here are my thoughts

1. Web surfing, YouTube vids

* This is fine. Web surfing is fine. You can get something like the Dolphin browser. YouTube experience is not as good. The YouTube App is hard to find and doesn't work that well.

2. View MS Word docs

* You'll have to get something like OfficeSuite to do this properly. And that will allow some edits too.

3. Very little book reading

* Well, then Kindle Fire might not be a good choice because it's optimized for reading, movies and music.

4. Light gaming, mostly Puzzles

* Not as much quality as iPad store, not as many free apps as Google Play.

Kindle Fire store is good but not great.

5. Occasional video chat & pics

* Skype and Camera are decent. Pics - there's no in-built camera app so you'll have to get an external one. A few decent paid ones and a few cheap free ones.

* Lack of a dedicated camera app is an issue.

Therefore, in your professional opinions, is the KFHD right for me?

No. Not in my professional opinion. As an owner of pretty much every tablet except the newest iPads, it seems to me that iPad Mini or Nexus 7 are much better for you.

Also what is EXTREMELY important is the ability to communicate with others. Does Amazon's app store have texting apps like Text+ or TextNow? Is Instagram & Google+ accessible on the KFHD?

* There are some texting apps available. Kindle Fire is not optimized for communicating with others. IT's a consumption device as opposed to a communication device.
iReaderReview is offline   Reply With Quote