View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #15230
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan M View Post
Ah yes, I remember it well. Father worked, mother stayed home, we practiced duck and cover in the hall outside of our classrooms so that we would be protected when the expected nuclear strike occurred.

At first, I thought this was one of those parody books, but now I'm assuming that's just a typo.

I started The Hunger Games without realizing it was a trilogy and then bullheadedly slogged through to the end, even though the sheen had kind of worn off after the first volume. Followed it with Life of Pi for a real change of pace. I hadn't read any book reviews before or after. Was at first entranced and then rather dragged down by the violence.

I've set myself a goal of familiarizing myself with some good science fiction, so am open to all suggestions. I can't think of a single title I've read in my lifetime up until now. Odd, since I recall being hooked on Twilight Zone and Outer Limits TV shows. Anyway, I've just finished Psion by Joan Vinge. Not much character development, especially of the main villain. Maybe I'll give Vernor Vinge a try next. It's kind of overwhelming trying to set a course.
Yes, I fixed it already. But there is a book called '50 shades of chicken" maybe if the gray is boring I switch to this one
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote