View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #18
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
First, a big thank you Sameer for addressing these questions, very much appreciated.

1) I'm probably beating a dead horse on this one, but having tried 2.0 and 2.1.1 and seeing the home screen of the KG presentation by you, I still really much prefer the 1.9.17 Home screen. Even with the bottom part of the screen taken up by the Shortlist (rather than New Releases) I find it less busy than the newer firmware Home screens.

2 & 3) Pretty much confirms what I thought and nice to actually now know. #2 is one reason why I like having the Shortlist on the bottom of the screen in 1.9.17.

4) I can't say my KT is less responsive than the KG it just seems the KG was more responsive in the video but it could just be finger size, I'm 6'4", 250 lbs so I don't have small hands . Really need to dig out my stylus and see how it compares, I like using it I just forget to and then forget where I left it...

5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by winsomnia View Post
If you are looking for suggestions, maybe instead of the big black bar you can use a discreet icon on the bottom.

Or if you want it to be blunt (not discreet) you can use a big,big lightbulb icon. Any icon (even a large one) would be less annoying than that big black bar.
I was thinking the same thing, a small icon in the lower right or left corner (optional to the black bar) would be good. A reminder that the light is on as well as a way to access the light options for brightness control but still be unobtrusive when reading.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote