View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #109
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
Given the success of the KSO , you would be wrong about that. Remember, no one actually has to even look at the scree savers or go to the Special Offers
home page. They want to, because they like the offers. And I'm sure that the advertisers don't get to put those ads on the screen savers and so home page for free.
No, I'm not wrong, because I very clearly stated that an advertiser would not pay money for optional ads and that Amazon is not paying money for their optional ads. They are cutting very slightly into their profit margin of what is essentially a "loss leader" item designed to saturate the market and lock in brand loyalty as much as possible.

That is a very different type of ad strategy than what most advertisers are able to pursue.

Quote:
And I'm sure that the advertisers don't get to put those ads on the screen savers and so home page for free.
Unless I misunderstand, the ONLY advertisers on the KSO at the moment is Amazon and Amazon-owned subsidiaries (Audible, etc.). No one is paying money to be on the KSO at the moment, afaik.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote