View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 05:43 AM   #1263
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
What's the screensize and resolution of this thing? It does sound good...

(I'd love a Surface Pro, but I think the price might put me off...)
10,1".
It's only 1366 x 768. But I can live with that.
Of course the low price (and the Asus "quality") shows. For example the Micro-SD slot doesn't have a lid and such details.
It's a compromise, but as a mobile unit good enough.
http://www.amazon.de/VivoTab-ME400C-...1270386&sr=8-2

It's extremely light. It feels even lighter than Kindle Fire HD 8.9". Of course it feels a bit less "valuable" as well, but still better (to my touch and feel) than Samsung Ativ which is totally "plasticky".
And again: No fan, absolutely quiet.
And the size is nice. Big enough, but not bulky at all.

I'm just stressing it: Downloading 30GB of data from the web to the 64GB Micro SD card.
It sometimes struggles, as the downloads sometimes are faster than the writing speed. But I've had this on MacBook Air and "normal" PCs as well.
Very reassuring: After 2 hours, it's still not hot at all. Actually, not even sensibly warm.
And again: No fan noise!
And, considering it's from Asus, it's less ugly than you'd expect.

Nice! I've got the Microsoft Wedge Mouse. I thought, it's working perfectly already on Surface RT. But now it requested to install the "Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center" in Windows 8. Now I can configure scroll speed, function of the mouse buttons and other details. There's even app-specific settings! Well, full blown Windows...

Last edited by mgmueller; 02-20-2013 at 06:54 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote