View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #209
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by voracious71 View Post
I do think for many people, this issue has taken on a life of it's own. I have to wonder if for some, no PW screen would meet their standards at this point. And that's ok, because there are plenty of other ereaders.
I've seen a very few that I'd find tolerable, though the headlamping is mildly to moderately irritating-looking on all (I guess not really a defect as such, just design issues). I've also seen photos and video of some that others are saying are ok or are perfect or gorgeous, which to me look abysmal colourwise - including in side-by-sides with other glowing readers that look good to me, so it's not just the cameras inserting colour artifacts or me making things up.

I know I'm quite colour-perceptive, and I know there are a lot of people out there with undiagnosed defects in colour vision or who are just less sensitive to colour (especially reds/pink and greens) than others are. And good for them- they'll enjoy the Paperwhites that the rest of us couldn't.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote