View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Depending on where you buy the device in Canada, there is between 5% and 15% sales taxes (GST/PST/HST).

As such, this makes Australia's 10% GST roughly equivalent to Canada's sales taxes, so the AU GST cannot be blamed for any part of the premium. Or at least no more than 5% (which is the Canadian GST rate).
Not sure how your GST works (from your post I'm gathering it's included in the sales price) but in Canada it is added on at the register -- so in Ontario my final price that will be charged to my credit card will be $130 + 13% or $146.90 CAD. So your GST could well account for 10% of the cost difference if it's included in the retail price.

Last edited by robko; 09-23-2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Corrected GST rate - I'm claiming I was tired when I posted this originally ;-)
robko is offline   Reply With Quote