View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 07:15 PM   #31
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I gave this a try but couldn't get it to work. Perhaps someone can give me a pointer.

Went to duokan.com and downloaded the kindle 3 file. I don't read Chinese so I'm only guessing. The rar file is 51mb or so.

Extracted the files onto my kindles root. Copied the bin file that corresponded to my serial number B008 to the root. Went into settings and told it to update my kindle. It did something, put up the update successful screen rather quickly, then restarted. But nothing changed. Everything looks the same.

First time, I extracted the root of the rar. Then I tried again, this time extracting everything under the duokan folder so the DK_XXXXXXX folders and the others are at the kindles root. But neither did the trick.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote