View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #10
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMason View Post
A big drawback for the moment is the lack of annotation. They say they are working on this. For the moment, when I have a pdf that I wish to scribble on, I send it from GoodReader to iAnnotate and mark up there.

There's an app called Aji Annotate that supposedly allows you to annotate PDF books. I've never tried it though. I did download the Aji Reader PDF (it was free), but I couldn't get the wireless sync to work to add books, so I can't tell if Aji is a good PDF reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhudston View Post
iBooks can be slow on an iphone3g running ios4, but is ok on the iphone4 and iPad, well it is for me.
I have a 3rd Gen iTouch and the iBooks app is very very sluggish. What takes a split second for Kindle/Stanza/Goodreader takes several seconds for iBooks. And the lag is worse if the book is bought from the iBookstore. The app works noticeably faster for ePubs that I sideloaded.

Last edited by arcadata; 08-15-2010 at 10:35 AM.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote