View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 09:10 AM   #73
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It's difficult to see a moral objection to that (I've been wrong before, though) but it's not immediately obvious to me how to do it with the html parser. If the link was simple like:
<a href="...">1</a> it would be easy to do, but if there was lots of rats nesting like this
<a href="..."><span...> <sup ...><span ...>1</span> </sup></a>
then it would be harder to associate the 1 with the <a> tag rather than the innermost <span>. I'm not saying it's not possible, there's probably a 'parser nesting technique' well known to lxml parsing experts. I just don't know it. Always willing to be educated though
Sounds like a "version X" enhancement . I should get the basic features sorted first and worry about the bells and whistles later on!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote