View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Wolfie:

I can't quite explain it. {shrug}. Somehow, I just don't feel right about it. It's inexplicable, from a logic standpoint. I know it does not make a difference, but that could drive a person batty. Just bad juju, I guess. I mean...we get asked, at least 5x a week, two questions, those being:
  1. How do I know you won't steal my book? (phrased less bluntly, but...), and,
  2. Are you using Calibre to make my book?

...to which I answer "no" to the latter and try not to strangle someone for the former. (No, we don't have TIME to read these to even know which would be worth stealing, if we were dishonest!) The stealing question always gets my hackles up, but I understand why they ask the first question--they want to know that they're getting what they pay for, hand-crafted ePUBs, basically.

Hell. I don't know, it certainly would be fast. ;-)

Hitch
To me it makes no sense. I've been using the font subsetting in Calibre and it works well. I don't see any reason not to use it. The answer to #2 would be... "We are just using Calibre to subset the embedded fonts. Calibre is not used for any sort of conversion."
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote