Thread: Touch Power code regression?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
I've noticed an infrequent but persistent problem affecting battery life on the Kobo touch.

I run the device in Airplane mode with an auto-sleep timeout of 15 minutes and a power-off timeout of 30 minutes. Every so often when either manually flicking the power switch to sleep mode or letting the machine timeout to enter sleep mode, it subsequently fails to enter power-off mode. Furthermore when this occurs and I flick the power switch back on I notice a fair chunk of battery reserve has been eaten up. e.g. Enter sleep mode at 1 a.m. with 94% battery. Resume 7 hours later at 8 a.m. with 67% battery! It's almost as if the machine enters some kind of loop which chews through more power than if it was in true sleep or power off mode. Anyhow the net result is the same: I end up charging every few days if this happens.

Now the odd thing is this behaviour is not limited to one machine since we have 2 Touch's in my family purchased at the same time. This behaviour can occur on either device and has been observed on firmwares 1.9.17, 2.1.5 and 2.3.2. Having searched the mobileread forum, this is the closest issue I can find but it was posted three years ago.

Is it possible there has been a code regression inadvertently introduced? Has anyone else seen this behaviour?
I'm having the exact same issues with a Glo. I should note that this is a replacement Glo, with the same one exhibiting the same problem. Posting details in a separate thread.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote