View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #227
jkgeyti
jkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by textchimp View Post
Thanks for the suggestions, but curl is not available on the busybox installation on the Kobo (the Glo, anyway). EDIT: However, it is possible to download a more fully featured version of wget, precompiled for the Kobo Linux architecture, from here: http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/armel/wget/download
Having installed this, you can use wget with the --post-file= option to send files without size restriction (though they need to be percent-encoded, and binary files probably won't work). Curl is available in the same way, but it has so many library dependencies when you try to install it that I gave up on it.
I can send you curl if you want to. I took the time to get all the dependencies (but yeah, it took some time :P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by textchimp View Post
I'm also not sure if performing a full sync is easier than the usb faking (EDIT: I was wrong here, the Plugin:sync() command doesn't do a full online sync using kobo.com as expected); in any case, the command chaining doesn't seem to block, so there's no guarantee the download command earlier in the chain would be finished before the sync command is run. The only alternative is to keep the sync() as a separate menu item; it works, but it means you first have to select the download menu item (and wait til it finishes, without receiving a notification when it is), then select the sync menu item.
Not using kobo.com myself, so can't say anything about that. I havn't tried the newer versions of the plugin (been real busy), but the one I have blocks perfectly well. When I run my sync.sh nickel hangs (Sync entry in plugin menu statys "activated") until sync.sh is done. Chaining also works fine. Are you sure you're not using wget& or something similar in your script?

Last edited by jkgeyti; 12-09-2012 at 11:49 AM.
jkgeyti is offline   Reply With Quote