View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #13
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
My Paperwhite certainly shows fingerprints pretty easily.

It depends a lot on the angle I'm holding it at (and the angle of external light hitting the screen). Mostly it's not a problem with the way I'm holding it when reading, but I see them clearly and without effort when I just pick it up or look at it at a non-optimal angle.

I don't think I'm particularly greasy-fingered, either, and even when I do snack on something while reading, I try to use my knuckle or the tip of my little finger (i.e. something that hasn't touched the food) to turn the page instead. I've also instantly noticed the fingerprints covering the screens of all eInk readers I've seen in shops, as well as the rare fingerprints I got on my Kindle 3 screen, so maybe I'm just more highly tuned to seeing them, or something.

It's not nearly as bad as fingerprints on a turned-off LCD screen, but to say they're not there/visible at all... for me, that hasn't proved to be correct. It probably does depend a lot on both the angle of holding it and one's tolerance levels, though, and I have no doubt that many people genuinely don't notice them at all on their screens.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote