View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #1156
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
I see you've got the Kindle Fire.
Being Amazon/Kindle fan, I'm extremely interested in it.
In comparison: Would you say it's about on par with iPad and the likes?
Any idea, how much of the Amazon content I could use outside of the US? I guess, eBooks shouldn't be a problem. But movies and other multimedia content probably not respectively only via PC?
I've read, Kindle Fire's interface very much is built around the Amazon content. I'm not sure, whether it would kill the fun, if I only could use, let's say, 25% of the interface and the rest would lead to frustrating messages such as "not yet for your region"...
What's your gut feeling about this? Kindle Fire still fun outside of the US or totally frustrating?
Well, Fire is a "different animal". Its price and size put the device on a complete different range than iPads. Is not as responsive as my iPad and too small for movies. However, is way more portable than 10 inches tablets. So, in my opinion, I would not even compare or say which one is worse or better ... would be like apple vs oranges.

Mine was result of an impulse buy plus, I wanted a lighter reading device (tablet). My iPad2 is wonderful but too big for reading at bed time.

Not so sure about which modules would be blocked if you use a Kindle Fire in Europe, but I would not spend time, money and energy tricking the system to make it work. It would be too much of a pain and effort when you can basically buy any other cheap Android tablet and get similar functionality.

The beauty of the Fire, besides its price, is Amazon USA store's integration. If blocked, I see no reason to buy this device.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote