View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #15
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I can't really answer the poll, because I don't have one most valuable feature.

If I'm in the "Hmm, let's see if there are any interesting new ereaders out there" mindset, I look to see what the current prices are. But price is not the sole criteria I use. I will buy a more expensive reader if the sum total of the product seems to meet my needs.

I look at the design features. I like touch screens, but I also want buttons to turn the pages - but the absence of either is not a deal-breaker. I like having the SD card slot, but in reality I have yet to fill up the main memory on my ereaders, much less my SD cards. I don't need dedicated access to an ebook store, because I side-load everything.

I try to get the widest array of font sizes and fonts - but I can always change the font sizes on most ebooks via Calibre, so while important this factor is not critical.

I like to get the ereader with the most native capability for a variety of format types - but I can convert anything quickly with Calibre so I usually just tend to use .epub anyway.

I like the inclusion of an MP3 player, but in actuality I don't use it that often. I like having the option of wireless browsing, but find the e-ink browsing experience rather cumbersome and annoying with all the black flashing, so it's not really essential.

I've got ereaders ranging in size from the eBookman 911 to the Pandigital novel, and while screen size is important, the readability of the type on the screen is more important.

My reader is usually carried around in my pocketbook, so weight really isn't much of an issue. As long as I can hold it in one hand without getting tired, that seems to be my main criteria regarding weight.

Battery life is the least important, since most of them last for at least a week and since I can charge my devices anytime.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote