View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Some people read so they can hate

This was a conclusion I came to after accidently coming upon a woman who reads so she can bitch about it. Excuse my language but that's what it is.
This person (who I don't know) has 172 ratings on goodreads with 2.8 average rate. 65 out of those 164 (read books) are 1 and 2 stars very negative, very complaining in nature reviews. That is 39.6% of the books she has read, she absolutely hated them.

My mind was blown.

Why the hell would you read to hate? And don't you have enough experience and sense to choose books for you which you WILL like?

This is especially true of fantasy books she read because that genre is interesting to me.

1 star books include

Mistborn: The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1)
The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, #1)
The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1)

I wont even list them all, or the other 2 star reviews that aren't any better. Clearly this women doesn't like fantasy. Why the hell is she keep reading it??

She is presumptuous, arrogant and ultra hard core (lol) feminist in her reviews. I honestly felt confused by her understanding of female characters. According to what I read from her, all female characters should be strong, independent, nonsexual creatures that turn men into pulp at the first sign of flirtatious behavior or god forbid sexual act.
(I'm a girl btw, but this kind of thinking blows my mind)

Have any of you come across this kind of reader? What do you think about this? I'm mostly just confused

Last edited by Geralt; 03-19-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote