View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 01:49 PM   #7
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
At the risk of asking stupid questions ...
At the risk of giving stupid answers ;-)

Quote:
1. Do I have to restore my 505 back to original firmware before applying your new stuff or does it just add itself to existing customisations?
Depends which installation version you use. Version 1 replaces all of your customizations and gives you a plain 1.1.00.18040 firmware with hacked ADE. Version 2 updates your existing firmware with hacked ADE. In your case, you will want to use version 2. Don't forget to place the FskDocumentViewerAdobe.so file in an appropriate directory (in the distribution archive it is stored in 1.1.00.18040 dir).

Quote:
2. Do I have to apply your hacks to a card which already contains the JElkins hacks I want to keep, i.e. the SD card I used to do my original PRSCustomise? Or do I need to create a new SD card without the clock/LRFFonts etc stuff on it?
You can use the same card all over again. In fact, I only have one card myself, deleting its contents and replacing them with each particular hack.

In your case, you will notice that version 2 of the installation starts with something like "... download PRS Customizer and prepare your card with your favorite hacks..." - you have already done that.

Quote:
3. I assume as a UK user I need to use the Version 2 instructions.
If you want to keep UK modifications, then yes.

Quote:
However, if I
'Copy the contents of directory "Files" to the root of the card'
it appears that the file "FskDocumentViewerAdobe.so" will end up inside the card directory "files.505.1.1.00.18040". My existing customisations ended up inside the card directory "files.505.1.2.00.18050". Is this correct?
That's what 'you just need to modify the name of directory
"Files/files.505.1.1.00.18040" to your particular version' part of the "usage with other readers/other firmware versions" means - you need to copy the files to "files.505.1.2.00.18050".

Quote:
4. Can the new file "/epub/userStyle.css" be edited to my heart's content, using a simple text editor once it's in the 505's internal memory?
Yes. Just make sure the editor maintains the filename's case.

Quote:
5. Will the Calibre "Extra-CSS" conversion contents still override anything in "/epub/userStyle.css"
Yes. userStyle.css sets defaults which are overriden by book-specific styles.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote