View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #10
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I've got another for you:

When we go on holiday, we generally go with a tent. We don't need electricity (it's only a small tent). Now, let's assume I've an e-ink reader. We'll be going at least 3 weeks. So, that's 3 weeks without electricity. 3 weeks without a chance of charging any batteries. That's not problem for my camera because I have two batteries. It's no problem for my phone as I'll have that turned off unless I need it to make an emergency phone call. But, after two weeks the battery of my e-ink device is dead. It would have been very handy if I had the possibility to bring a spare battery. This is why I like user replacable batteries (and why we always bring a photo camera with us that takes ordinary AA batteries)
Well, that's easy to solve: http://www.amazon.com/MACALLY-Extern.../dp/B000CGG8LW
Or something similar.
As long as you can charge your unit via USB, you can charge it via external battery as well.
I've got 2 such batteries, each about the size of a video iPod.

Last edited by mgmueller; 08-16-2009 at 01:58 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote