View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #619
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I grew up in biker country, but I do not get the impulse to put leather on everything. It seems especially absurd with electronics, but leather-bound DTBs aren't far behind. Leather is great for footwear and light armor (e.g. motorcycle jackets), but it's also heavy and insulating, two things you do not want for a mobile device. I get that a lot of people automatically connect leather with luxury no matter how it's used, and maybe even think of it as a 'natural' material (naturally flayed from a pig, doused in chemicals, irradiated, and doused in more chemicals).

I know there's no arguing taste; leather/pleather gadget accessories are just one of those tastes I find baffling, like sagging pants.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote