View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #5
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by morriss003 View Post
I gave away my first book at memoware, feedbooks and smashwords and tried to give it away at Amazon which insisted on listing it for a dollar. Later, Amazon discovered that Horrors! it was free at these other sites, so Amazon matched the price, finally making it free. I think the free book has been responsible for people purchasing a few of my other books, but not many. The free book has been downloaded over 100,00 times, but I haven't sold more than a couple hundred, all together, of the other books.
My experience is different. When Amazon finally price match my book to make it free, my sales of my other books went up significantly. I can easily pin almost all of my success on that event. Heck that happened a year before I purchased the services of an Editor. Wish I could go back and change that order though!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote