View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 03:03 AM   #1
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
FAQ and Uswer Guide for the WiFi Kobo on Chapters site

I have been checking the koboreader.com site and the FAQ and user guide for the new reader are listed, but not yet actually on the site. However, I checked out the Chapters site and there they are!

See: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/kobo-faq/

Big changes to the sleep behaviour--including the choice regarding the cover art some folks have been hoping for. It doesn't look like there will be a go to page # option. Calibre is mentioned repeatedly in the user guide as a way to organize the library and get books onto the reader. PDF's zoom between 100-200% Lots of information about subscriptions to magazines and newspapers. I was confused by one line that said that if you remove a book from the reader, it removes it from your account. I'm assuming you can add anything you lose that way back in like you can now, but it needs clarification, for sure.

PS: The WiFI reader is showing as being in stock in several of the Calgary Chapter's stores--though not, unfortunately, where I live in Red Deer.

Last edited by taming; 10-16-2010 at 03:41 AM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote