View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #32
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkelley View Post
Actually, as a result of this thread I downloaded the latest Stanza and it does work with my iPad so I'm back to it.

As to the previous poster -- it may or may not be true that Stanza will never be updated, but I wouldn't count it completely out. 5.1 may not break Stanza -- it might take a complete update to something like a 6.x to do so, and that may not happen for a year or more. Who knows that advances in eReaders there will be by then?

The unfortunate thing is that Stanza has options that NO other reader does -- the ability to adjust indent, distance between paragraphs and line spacing all at the same time... no reader even offers anything like that (that I know of) let alone the superb collections. I played around with my wife's Fire and the highly touted Android app, Aldiko, is a poor substitute.

I don't see eReaders getting better, though -- has anyone seen Kindle offer MORE formatting features, even on Kindles? It appears that most folks are just happy with accepting the defaults (which for me are completely unacceptable).
There is a Facebook group called "revive stanza for iOS 5" and someone in the beta group for iOS 6 has confirmed that he is still able to use Stanza with the beta version...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote