Thread: Touch Excessive Battery Use?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 12:00 PM   #21
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryvyan View Post
I went on a 3 week holiday with my Nook and didn't bring the tiny charger cable, because past experience tells me that it will last for longer on a full charge. Do I regret it or what?

I'm not sure if it's the cold weather that drains the battery quicker than it should. I carry it around in a normal canvas bag during the day, and was reading it 3 hours on average daily (with more on some days during longer train rides). Towards the end of the second week, it was showing 59% which was decent, but the screen froze in the middle of the third week. Turns out the battery was flat, and I was not even reading as frequently (why? blame Amsterdam).

Fortunately I had some books on my iPhone so I was re-reading them, or I'd go crazy.
It could be the cold. On a recent trip to Alberta I left my nook touch in the car overnight, and in the morning it showed no battery, though it had more than 50% the previous night. I put it in the charger, and it quickly went up to more than 50%, so it looks like the battery gauge may be off in cold conditions.
afv011 is online now   Reply With Quote