Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 05:22 PM   #720
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@ixtab: I don't have anything against the default values on mobi books, either, what's bothering me is the fact that it's slightly larger on KF8 books at the same setting .

(And since it's overridable on the K3, I thought it was worth a shot ).

EDIT: Err, no, I remembered that wrong, it wasn't on the K3 either, and it used the same 1/2/3 int settings. *sigh* ;'(
If it's KF8, it's (unfortunately) out of scope for JBPatch anyway, I suppose.

For plain mobi files, an option would of course be to find out where exactly these int settings are used and "translated" into pixels.

You can decompile the com.mobipocket.common.library.reader.TableLayout and FrameConstructor classes (and their inner classes) from a 5.0.x firmware to get a taste of what the task will be like - or, for even more mayhem, because even class and method names are obfuscated, take the actual com.mobipocket.common.library.reader.n and db classes (and inner classes) from a 5.1.x firmware. The solution is somewhere in there.

If someone can pinpoint the exact code location requiring a change, I'm willing to look into this. However, I'm not going to do this research myself - it will require about the same amount of reverse engineering effort as the alignment/hyphenation patch (=days, not hours), but in contrast to that patch, this one just wouldn't be worth such an effort (IMO).

Last edited by ixtab; 09-25-2012 at 05:31 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote