Thread: Touch Excessive Battery Use?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #48
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
The software needs to "learn" your battery. That is why you need to charge a few times before the software battery level is reliable.
When the Nook Touch was just released there were some Nooks with bad batteries that drained very fast. If you bought your Nook Touch when it was just released, it could be that you have a bad battery and need to replace your Nook Touch under the guarantee.
Yes, I had a very early Touch (bought it the first day it came out). But I returned it about 4 months ago and got a new replacement (I got lucky and it wasn't a refurb). The new one has the same problem.

I have charged it at least 4 times and it still hasn't learned. I always wait after recharging to see if is going to drain quickly (say about 12 hours). So far, I have to use my top-off routine to stop it from draining. That's the way it is.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote