Thread: PRS-T1 Lights for the T1
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #13
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by log View Post
Do you have the standard case for your T1? Just wondering if the Arc will fit over the case when I need it, or if I would have it take it out the case.
No I don't have the Sony cases. I don't like them & they're too expensive. The Arc light is not meant to go on any case. It clips right on the reader itself. It has two protective rubber pieces to prevent any scratching of the device. It helps protect both the front & the back of the reader where the light clips to it.

I have the Ex-point leather envelope cases which I prefer. I don't care for reading with the device inside a case. I have no fears (yet!) of dropping the reader while reading. I hold it loose in my hands but I don't read while walking or standing & reading on cement surfaces etc. I read while sitting in a chair or lying in bed or in my car in the passenger seat.

If you don't want to take the reader out of a case then the Arc light isn't for you. You need a clip on but then you have to deal with batteries, glare, hotspots etc. Like I said before, whoever came up with this thing angled it perfectly to avoid such things.

I recommend the Mighty Bright Travel Flex as a clip on light to use with a case. It's cheap, comes in different colors, uses AAA battery and clips on well to the case. It does not clip on to the reader itself well at all. The neck is short enough on the Travel Flex to work well over the other ones they have. I found their Xtra Flex ones to have really long necks that flop around too much. I see on their website that they have a new one called Mini Flex that might work. It has the clip of the Xtra Flex with a neck about the size of the Travel Flex if that's of any help.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote