View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #8
malarkey
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakini View Post
honestly, it sounds like you're doing the best thing ... picking up and playing with a bunch of the ereaders.

can you ask your friends if any of them have ereaders that are currently sold to see what they feel like? or go to an electronics store? i spent a lot of time in curry's (an electronic goods store) playing with their models to see how they looked and felt before i decided on my purchase. i even stopped by a B&N when i was in the states to see what the nook was like, since it wasn't yet in the uk at that point.

it sounds like you have some pretty clear ideas in your head about screen responsiveness and resolution that are best decided by your own experience of the devices.
I've actually tried going and playing with live models of the Kobo Glo, since that's the front-lit variety sold here -- and all of the stores I've found with live models haven't bothered to set them up. They've turned them on, plugged them in, and left them at the screen where you choose either wireless setup or computer setup.